First and foremost, Happy New Year to all my Ayabas and Obas (Kings..the few of you that do read, haha). I hope the first couple of days into the new year have been nothing but blessed. Really quickly, I want to take the time to acknowledge and thank each and everyone of you for the support you have given me. Every view, every time you read, every time you share, it means so much to me. As you continue to bless me, God will continue to bless you. Again, thank you so much!
Now……now that we are in a new year, it is a time for endless possibilities. It is a time to do things anew! A time for renewal and reinvention. Endless opportunities for new beginnings. This includes new goals.
Every year we know during the first month everyone sets their resolutions. By week 2, majority of people have given up, myself included. Lack of consistency is a lot of our downfalls. This year, that stops. Can you imagine what your life would be like if you never quit on your goals?Can you imagine what you could’ve accomplished if you just stayed the course and stuck it out? Your life could be completely different trajectory. Some may argue “God’s time”, yes everything is indeed on his time, but this should not be an excuse. We tend to get in our own way. Many of us also like to argue that our schedules are the issue, but if you really want something, you’re going after it no matter what. Why are we so quick to give up on things just because it got hard? We commit to so many other things, but when it comes to our goals….the desire to get it done is gone.
Do we really want these things as bad as we say we do? Are we really vested? These are the things we need to be asking ourselves. Now, per usual, I am speaking from experience. This was/is me (‘cause God is still working on me, lol). I used to set goals, write them down, and just not commit to them at all. I did this because of laziness, fear, procrastination, etc, but it got to a point where I saw my life was becoming stagnant. I was not progressing in any way, shape, or form. I literally was just there.
2019, I told myself I AM doing it. I am fully emerging and committing myself to the completion of my goals and dreams. This time I did things different. I involved God. Before, I tried to do it all on my own. I realized (very soon) that I simply cannot. I need God. I am firm believer that God places these desires in our hearts, and I was afraid because I thought that I would fail. The fear of failure took me out. BUT I know God has plans for me. Plans to prosper me and not harm me, and that was my motivation. There is nothing that I put before God that does not come to pass. In the case that it doesn’t it simply means there is better planned for me. Things may not happen on my time, but they will happen right when they need to!
This means whatever you want to do, or whatever goals you have set for yourself and your future, it is done. All that needs to happen is for you to do it. God has anointed it, trust in him and see it through. Go for it without doubt, but in faith. Believe in your power. You have to. Invest in your dreams, goals, and most importantly yourself!
I am a firm believer that this is going to be a breakout/breakthrough year for a lot of us, all it takes is for us to DO.
With all that being said, I want to give my Ayabas a few tips on how to stay on top of your goals this year:
- Write them down: This is my favorite point because I literally write everything down. I feel as though when you write, those things are stamped.They are written in the book of life! Plus, this allows you to go back to remind yourself of your goals. Also, after you have completed them, you can see your progress and all that you have accomplished. Once you write them down post them. Put them in a place that you will always see them. Put them on sticky notes or make them your screen saver. It should serve as a reminder that you are working towards this goal.
- Affirm it: As you write down your goals, affirm them.”I AM going to….” or “I WILL get….”. There is so much power in the tongue. Put these things into the Universe…put it before God, watch him work. Affirm it, visualize it, believe it, and it will actualize itself. There was an interview that Jay-z did and he said he believes you can speak things into existence. You really can. That is how powerful you are. The more you say it, the more you believe it, and you will actually begin to do it. I am telling you there is power in the tongue!
- Be realistic: Set realistic goals sis. Have goals you can realistically accomplish. For example, do not tell yourself you will lose 20 pounds in two days, kolework. It is not going to happen. Set short term goals (goals that you can achieve within a few days, weeks, or months) and set long term goals (goals you can achieve within years). Give yourself an appropriate time span. Make sure your goals are achievable then, crush them!
- Keep it to yourself: Sometimes we get so excited about what we’re doing and what we have planned that we just have to tell someone. Let me tell you, I identify with this first hand. I used to do it all the time, but I quickly learned not every has your best interest at heart. Everyone that smiles in your face is not for you sis. Many act like they are your friend and pray on your downfall. You ever been in a situation where you shared a plan with someone and it fell through and didn’t workout? Yeah. You have to trust and speak with caution. Keep it to yourself for a while. Till things are set into to play and confirmed, work in private, shine in public.
- Invest: If no on ever told you this, I am telling you, you have to invest in yourself. Invest in you, your goals, your dreams, your well being…YOU. It is so important to put yourself first this year. It is time to be selfish and do what you have to do for you. One of the biggest lessons I got out of 2018 was this. Everyone else is taking care of them. They’re making sure they’re good. You need to do the same. In order to make things shake, you have to invest all of you. This includes your time, your money (sigh, unless it’s possible for you to get investors lol), and yourself. I am fully vested in the fruition of my goals, and you should be too.
Everyday you wake up, you have the will to determine not only your day, but your life. The decisions you make now will affect your life in the future. Are you doing what needs to be done to better your future? Is it putting you in a better position? Are you living up to your full potential? If not, this year…make that change. Boss up. Shamelessly and relentlessly go after whatever it is you want. Real Ayabas are go getters, we are persistent in what we want. No matter how long it takes or how hard it may be, we make it happen. We don’t talk, we do. The only person that can change your future is you. Make things those happen this year. What you were afraid to do last year do it this year! Make this a staple year. A year that changed your life for the better……forever.